Video editing software for beginners For Professional Online Videos
There is plenty of great video editing software out there. Finding a program that you like is easy, but finding the time to learn how to use one is far more challenging.
Learning something new takes time. Sure, you could sit at the computer and helplessly click around to teach yourself the software. But we’re here to tell you there’s a better way.
If you don’t have the time to teach yourself or take an actual, in-person course, then there are plenty of online courses and tutorials on Udemy to help you get the job done.
From overarching techniques that can be applied to any software to courses that break down the specifics of individual programs like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut, there are definitely enough online courses on video editing to keep up with the amount of actual video editing software out there.
Check out some of the best-selling, highly rated Video editing software for beginners courses on Udemy:
This overview course of the entire video production process is a great way to get started. You’ll learn how to make a video from the ground up.
From shooting to cinematography, to editing, this course provides basic skills needed to make your movies not only look good.
- Adobe Premiere is certainly one of the more notable editing programs out there. It’s even responsible for some of our favorite movies like Deadpool and Gone Girl (no, seriously).
- This beginner’s course includes comprehensive tutorials on editing videos from start to finish using footage from any type of camera. It can even teach you how to color correct videos and work effectively with the subpar footage. Check out this course and get on your way to making the next Godzilla: Resurgence. (Yes, that one too.)
- Aside from Adobe Premiere, the other video editing software you’ve probably heard of before is the Mac-exclusive Final Cut Pro. If you’re equipped with an Apple computer for your editing purposes, then this is the class for you.
- This detailed course is designed for absolute beginners, so anyone just starting out with video editing can get an introductory instruction from the jump. You’ll learn how to take advantage of shortcuts to make editing go more smoothly and how to adjust every aspect of your footage to get the movie you want. It also includes working example files so you can follow along throughout each tutorial.
- If you don’t need to get too technical with editing on your Mac, then you can just stick with iMovie since there’s a course for that too.
- It’s already a bit simpler to use than Final Cut thanks to its creative filters, built-in music, and even templates to base your work on. You can even take your work with you and edit on your iPad or iPhone. This class delves deeper into iMovie’s functions with lessons on color correcting and techniques like stabilizing shaky video.
- Aside from your own camera footage, Camtasia Studio is great for recording directly from your screen to get footage of images, PowerPoints, or I dunno — video for your Udemy online classes.
- This online class will give you a crash course on making your next business presentation look as professional AF with techniques like cursor highlighting, blurring text, and adding voiceover.
- It’s time we delved into the nitty-gritty of individual programs, so let’s kick things off with the highly rated Sony Vegas Pro class.
- This course boasts lessons on how to use Sony Vegas Pro to its fullest potential by teaching you how to use video effects, transitions, and how to work efficiently.